January 12, 2011

Arriving in Thailand

It's warm. A lot warmer than I expected for 11:00pm. But we are all finally here. We ran into some snags at JFK when our airline didn't reconnect us all after our initial flight was delayed. Then we landed in Japan and had to stay the night at a hotel near Tokyo. Then we ran into more snags at Japan's airport when some members of our group (including myself) were "confirmed" for the flight and others weren't; meaning we had to split up and take a few different airlines. After a few days of travel we have all made it safely and in good shape. And I think it's safe to say we are happy to be rid of our airport squatter lifestyle.

Now here it is about 5:45am Bangkok time (73 degrees F)and we have our first all-day session in about 2 hours. We are staying at a hotel until January 15th after which we will be relocating to our host families in the tambon (or sub-districts) we are assigned. Tomorrow is orientation on ...well, everything, including health and safety, language, and bike riding in rural Thailand. It is also the start of our first set of immunizations :D

2 comments:

  1. Yeah - you're there! I would love to have 73 degrees! It's snowing right now and we got about 3 inches over night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. free7er is me (Eva). Don't know why it shows that name. I thought I signed up as Eva to follow you!

    ReplyDelete