January 5, 2011

It's the Final Countdown DOO DOO DOO DOOOOO!!!

Wow. My blog really needs to get decorated and not look so naked. At this point, I have 2 days until I leave for Spokane and then off to Pennsylvania. For those who came across here and are wondering 'what's going on?!'or my friends who got an email saying 'Lacey's Got Blog Fever!', let me fill you in.

About 25 years ago, the world was blessed with an individual of cosmic proportions who will make the world a more positive place by her presence. As a mere babe, it was obvious she would do everything in her power to get her way. And those around her were grateful; for her Screams of Want were likened to that of the hymns sung by angels. But enough about the Laceolithic era and into the present.

Two years ago I applied to Peace Corps and the University of Alaska Fairbanks as part of the Master's International program which combines to form an academic/volunteer based means to obtain a degree. The application process doesn't last that long for most volunteer applicants but there were (as most of you remember) many hoops for me to jump through. I'm a pretty short person so it wasn't easy to jump through them all. But I did. And after a year of coursework at UAF I am getting ready to spend 2 years using what I have learned and am ready to learn more skills from my host country. 
I will be pretty busy in the next couple of weeks but I hope to post again soon. Got questions or recommendations? Let me know.


3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear about the your training, and about your first impressions on Thailand! Don't leave out any info on the wonderful food you will be eating :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lace, Miss you but know your having the time of your life...What an adventure. Thank your host family for us that they are taking good care of you. Can't wait to hear what's been happening. Love, Grandma Marian & Grandpa Bill

    ReplyDelete